Ms Outlook 2011 & WPA&WPA2 Enterprise stop working after El Capitan upgrade.

ArielN
New Contributor

Hi,

Anyone here experiencing this issues after upgrading to El Capitan 10.11.

1. Ms Outlook 2011 & WPA2 Enterprise stop working after El Capitan upgrade.
  2. I'm having problem restoring back to Yosemite after i wipe my HD. Im getting that restriction sign ( Not compatible error image).

Any suggestions i can do to fix my problems.

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

1) Outlook 2011 has some incompatibilities with El Capitan, this is something that many people discovered in testing before release. If only Microsoft had bothered to test...

https://derflounder.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/outlook-2011-os-x-el-capitan-and-the-pinwheel-of-patience/

2) I have heard of some clients having wireless/802.1x issues with El Capitan. If you are a member of Apple's Developer Program, or are registered with Apple's Public Beta. Either way you can test 10.11.1 to see if it resolves your wireless issues.

3) If it does not, if you have an AppleCare Enterprise or Alliance support contract, you can open a case with Apple Support on your wireless issue.

4) Do you have a methodology of either NetBooting or starting up your Mac from another volume? Apple will not officially support rolling back the OS (and El Capitan, like Yosemite, has some built-in firmware (BIOS for Windows admins) upgrades as part of the installation process for some models. I don't think there's anything precluding you from rolling back today - Apple has not released any new hardware that specifically requires El Capitan - but, again, they won't support rolling back. Doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to do it. How are you trying to reinstall Yosemite? A wipe-and-reinstall, rather than a restore, may be your best approach...

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

We see the same beachballing and hanging of Office 2011 and El Capitan here, so its for sure not really compatible. I almost wonder if they intentionally didn't fix it since they knew they were releasing Office 2016. Why fix an old release if clients can just upgrade to (read: pay for) the new version? I'm not saying that to lay any blame on Microsoft. After all, Apple is certainly guilty of only looking forward and not going back to fix older stuff that breaks.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

No, it's just that the development team that originally did Office 2011 is long gone, they have another team that does the updates, and they apparently spent 0 time testing 2011 against El Capitan until the influx of support cases/emails/phone calls. To say that MS was caught flat-footed was an understatement...

ArielN
New Contributor

Thank you all for the responses.

I ended up wiping my HD and restore back to Yosemite from Internet recovery method. We all should be happy Microsoft released the 2011 outlook problem.This fixed our outlook problem now. I'm going to open up a case with Apple Support for our wireless connection problem.

This update provides the following fixes to improve Mac OS X El Capitan compatibility:

The hang situation that occurs during an account sync operation in Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 is fixed. This problem is described in KB 3098396.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3098229

Any body here tested El Capitan ver 10.11.1?

Thank you,

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

We've been seeing the issues with WPA2 Enterprise on 10.11 and 10.11.1 for some of our early adopters. I'm looking into our current WAP's firmware in the affected locations but has anyone else discovered a workaround?

zhouchens
New Contributor

Having same issue with wpa2. Still no solutions...