MUT is getting adopted

mlev
Contributor

Hey folks, some news about MUT:

It has been over 7 years since the first version of MUT became available, and in that time, the userbase and feature set have both grown drastically. What started out as a small learning project for me has grown into something bigger and more awesome than I ever thought possible. My life has also changed drastically in that time, and while MUT has gotten bigger and more popular, my time to work on it has significantly decreased.

In the very near future, MUT will be moving from my personal GitHub repository to her new "fur-ever home" on the Jamf open-source repository on GitHub. MUT will remain open source and will remain available for download from GitHub. The App Store listing will also move from my personal Apple Developer account to Jamf's account. Both of these transitions will be seamless, and there should be no interruption in app usage for any current users of MUT.

Jamf will continue to support MUT after the transition in the same capacity that they support all of their open-source tools, and I will remain involved in the project and continue to contribute to it as well.

At JNUC 2020 I did a presentation called "I wrote the MUT, and you can too!" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znNors_GRLU) and I'd like to take this moment to reiterate my feelings on this matter. If you've ever had a desire to get involved in an open-source project, or ever had a feature request or bugfix for MUT that you wanted to work on, feel free to get involved!

tl;dr not a whole lot is changing other than the place that you'll find MUT will be slightly different, and more people will likely be involved in the maintenance of MUT. Feel free to reach out in the comments or on MacAdmin Slack if you have any questions at all.

Thank you for your support,
Mike

1 REPLY 1

coachdnadel
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Thank you for such an awesome tool!