MySQL service not showing up in Server Admin with Casper 7.31 installed

Not applicable

I just updated my casper server 10.6.4 (with a clean install) and installed JSS 7.31 and then restored data. The JSS seems to be working fine but when I look at my servers configured services through Server Admin, MySQL doesn't appear to running. Has anyone else seen this?

Brad Anderson
Office: (323) 671-3241 | Mobile: (310) 401-4369

5 REPLIES 5

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Brad,

FYI:

http://www.jamfsoftware.com/kb/article.php?id=287

Don

--
https://donmontalvo.com

Not applicable

Thanks Don,

However, I am not sure this is the same issue. The JSS Setup Utility reports status is Running for Tomcat, MySQL, AFP and HTTP Downloads. However, Apple's server admin tools shows only AFP and Web as running services. In previous versions MySQL also showed up as a running service (in Server Admin).

I tried replacing the server.xml file as the article suggested but still no difference.

The JSS seems to be operating normally it is just a difference in versions that I noticed and wondering if this is normal.

Brad

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

Server Admin may not read the process unless you add it to the running processes. From the command line you can see if the mysql daemon is running by doing this

launchctl list | grep mysql 45952-org.mysql.mysqld

In the above example I ran this on my JSS and it returned that the mysql daemon was in fact running

Not applicable

Thanks Thomas, I ran the command but the output was somewhat different than yours. Output:
0x10230e8a0.anonymous.mysqld
Then I turned on the mySQL service in server admin. The interface immediately showed it as running but the Start mySQL button still showed it as stopped. `Launchctl list` still returned the same thing. Clicking on the Start mySQL button has no effect either. It seems there is a bug.
Any other ideas?
Brad

Not applicable

I just upgraded to 10.6. I think there might be a bug that occurs when the JSS is installed before enabling the MySQL service in server admin. I ended up killing the mysql process and then enabling MySQL without starting in Server Admin, and finally going to the JSS, refreshing and clicking Start MySQL. Now launchctl list | grep mysql (when run as sudo) returns org.mysql.mysqld, and Server Admin reports the running status correctly.
Thanks for your help.