Need guidance on updating specific devices with app updates using Jamf Pro

Kirra-Eva
New Contributor

Hello Jamf Pro users,

I'm currently facing a situation where I need to update a specific app on only a select few devices within our organization. We utilize Jamf Pro as our Mobile Device Management (MDM) solution, and I'm looking for guidance on how to achieve this efficiently.

Specifically, I want to understand the process of updating the app on specific devices using the Jamf Pro Administrator console. I have already identified the devices I want to update; however, I'm unsure about the steps involved in initiating the app update command and directing it only to those desired devices.

1 REPLY 1

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@Kirra-Eva Do you know how to create a Smart Group that targets only the Macs that you ant to update? Do you have an installer package for the app you want to update? Do you have a Patch Management configuration created for that app? With those three items you can easily update a specific group of Macs. Take a look at the Patch Management section of the Jamf Pro documentation for more info: https://learn.jamf.com/bundle/jamf-pro-documentation-current/page/PatchManagement.html