NetInstall via Resource Kit

Not applicable

Hi,

I have made a Snow Leopard netinstall image with the resource kit, but when I quite Casper Imaging I get a kernal panic. The same thing happens with my Leopard 10.5.8 netinstall image made the same way. It does not kernal panic on the auto reboot after the image and the image boots fine.

Any ideas?

Best wishes

Michael

1 REPLY 1

Stanford
New Contributor

Michael-

I spent most of the day yesterday trying to get a Snow Leopard 10.6 Netinstall image working, to no avail. It looked ok in the netboot console (image activated, service started) but I was unable to check the "diskless" check box and most importantly I was unable to boot to it or even see it as available in the "startup disk" area of system preferences instead I just saw a question mark there. This is on a Snow Leopard server install fully patched.

I contacted JAMF support and they mentioned that they have seen problems using the Netinstall creator to make Snow Leopard Netinstall images, in that some of them were not functional, and instead suggested to create a standard Netboot image perhaps based on a "restore" image whereby it auto logs in as root, launches casper imaging.app.

Since I created two separate Netinstall images that did not work and in fact rebuilt my casper server to snow leopard thinking that may be the issue I'm out of options so I'll be trying the netboot route today.

-Justin