NetSUS appliance update soon?

gilburns
New Contributor

Will there be an update for the NetSUS appliance to include the recent updates to Reposado for the recent remove config-data attributes options?

https://managingosx.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/gatekeeper-configuration-data-and-xprotectplistconfigdata-and-munki-and-reposado-oh-my/

3 REPLIES 3

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't think it would be too hard to update the reposado install in your own NetSUS instance; of course the web interface in NetSUS would have no idea how to use the new option; but I don't think the web interface in NetSUS exposes all of reposado's functionality anyway.

gilburns
New Contributor

I'm assuming that will be the be the option since no one else is replying. Thanks Greg. :-)

Josh_S
Contributor III

The NetSUS appliance/installer could definitely use some help from the community to keep it up-to-date. JAMF may have started it, but has since open sourced it and the community is able to help out. The absolute best way to help, if you see something that needs updating or changing and are able to - fork the GitHub repository, make some changes, and then create a pull request.

I started working to keep it up-to-date a while back, but have since gotten pulled into other projects that don't allow me to spend as much time working on it as I would like. I, think if the community as a whole works to keep it going, it could continue to be a very useful tool.