Network login with El Capitan

roiegat
Contributor III

So were finally getting ready to start migrating our users to El Capitan and one of the remaining issues I'm having I can't seen to find a reason for. We have authenticated x802.1 network and each machine has a wired and a wireless profile to allow the machine to connect on the network. In Yosemite, when a machine boots up for the first time, a person can log into their network account no problem.

With El Capitan I've noticed that if the user doesn't already have an account on the machine, they can't log in. It doesn't seem to activate the wired and wireless profiles until after someone has logged in. Is anyone else seeing this with El Capitan? Anyone have a solution for this issue?

6 REPLIES 6

jrwilcox
Contributor

I believe this is fixed in Sierra.

chad_fox
Contributor II

Are you using a login window configuration?

As log as our users are in the office we don't have an issue authenticating and creating a new mobile account.

roiegat
Contributor III

So when a user boots up their mac, there is a enterprise FileVault password they put in. Then it comes to the login window with the username and password. On a new machine outside our imaging lab we get the red "network unavailable" dot. If we log in with a local admin account, we can see it's on the network ok. AD is bound fine. But during the initial boot it seems like it doesn't see the network at the login window.

Going to Sierra would be trickier since we finally got through all the security hoops to upgrade to El Capitan.

Michael_Meyers
Contributor

We have sort of the same issue depending on the wireless authentication used. We have one SSID authenticating the computer account via the WiFi MAC address before a user logs into the computer, allowing any user to log in. We have an additional SSID that authenticates via the user account, which works great on Windows based PC's, but not so much on the Macs where not all accounts are already on the machine.

maziboss
New Contributor

Is it a default clean install or you prepared image for computers?

roiegat
Contributor III

It's a prepared image that worked fine in Yosemite. This is the only issue in El Capitan I've encountered I didn't have an answer for yet.