new application

mpnw
New Contributor

I have a task assigned to me. install Square app on 1 device in Jamf Pro. I've added the application to Apple Business Manager. What is the next step? I just need to push this app to one device in Jamf Pro. I don't yet see the app available in volume content and understand it will take another sync cycle? After it does sync. what are my next steps?  Apologies. Newbie to Jamf pro here. 

2 REPLIES 2

Nicholaus
Contributor

Once you order the app in Apple Business Manager (make sure that it's ordered to the correct location if you have multiples), the app will show up in "Jamf Pro > Devices > Mobile Device Apps" or "Jamf Pro > Computers > Mac Apps > App Store". Where it shows up depends on whether you're talking about iOS/iPadOS or macOS apps. If it doesn't automatically show up, you can go into either of those locations in Jamf Pro and click "New" at the top to add a new app. You can then search for the app that you added in ABM and add it to Jamf Pro. When you are deploying the app, make sure that you click on the "Managed Distribution" tab within the app in Jamf Pro and ensure that "Assign Content Purchased in Volume" is checked. If that box isn't checked, the user will be prompted to sign into the Apple App Store to download the app.

bfrench
Contributor III

If you do not see the app in Settings>Global>Volume Purchasing it may not have been acquired with the account that holds the token to connect to your Jamf instance.