New users outside the USA

VintageMacGuy
Contributor II

We may be getting some new users joining from outside the USA. We are using JAMF Pro. I am guessing it will work OK in other countries, but looking for any sage advise from others who may be going this route.

For example - we are about 80% zero touch deployment, but have a few things still to manually set up and check by hand. We won't be able to do a hand check for these things for people outside the USA, but we can likely remote in and manually do those things.

I am curious if/how we can arrange for a Mac to be purchased and added into ABM in a foreign country. Will we need to contact an Apple rep that is local to the user? Or is it just as easy as finding a reseller locally who can do it? We want to avoid having to walk the user through connecting the Mac to ABM via Configurator.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

I support Macs across the global. About 10% of our fleet is in EMEA and 10% of our fleet is APAC. We don't have any issue, even in China. Our Jamf Pro is hosted in US-WEST1

As far as ABM, you will need to work with the local reseller in that country. The process is the same as in the US, exchange ABM CustomerID and ResellerID. Enter their ResellerID in to your ABM instance. Then have them add computers as you purchase them. 

Do check which country as not all countries are ABM eligible. Check this link for confirmation if ABM is available in country:

Availability of Apple programs and payment methods for education and business - Apple Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

You can add any Apple account or authorised reseller to your ABM.. not an issue. All purchases will be added to your ABM with the Apple account or the reseller name. You can then auto assign or manually assign and remove, same as US devices. 

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

I support Macs across the global. About 10% of our fleet is in EMEA and 10% of our fleet is APAC. We don't have any issue, even in China. Our Jamf Pro is hosted in US-WEST1

As far as ABM, you will need to work with the local reseller in that country. The process is the same as in the US, exchange ABM CustomerID and ResellerID. Enter their ResellerID in to your ABM instance. Then have them add computers as you purchase them. 

Do check which country as not all countries are ABM eligible. Check this link for confirmation if ABM is available in country:

Availability of Apple programs and payment methods for education and business - Apple Support

Thank you - that helps a lot.