No Self service Items

dmw3
Contributor III

Setting up self service, I seem to missing something. Adding an item for self service including an icon, no items can be seen either on the web site or via the client app.
The web site shows this error:

"No Self Service Items are available
No Authorization"

Any indications as to what configuration I have missed would be appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

Access the JSS via the web. Click on Settings > Computer Management Framework Settings > Self Service
Then click on the End-User Authentication tab.

Which options do you have selected for Network User Login? That section might address the error.

monogrant
Contributor

I'm also experiencing this, but only with one user.

No settings have been changed on End-User Auth and they are required to login (which the user can do) and set to not need authentication locally.

henrykanfjord
New Contributor

Any luck with Monogrant's issue?

We're also experiencing the same thing with one user.

Troubleshooting steps i've tried: Ran terminal command "sudo jamf recon" and deleted Preferences.

thanks.

charlesludwick
New Contributor III

Have you tried "sudo jamf manage"? That works for me when I have this issue.

henrykanfjord
New Contributor

Yes, tried that as well. No luck. It's odd that i can log in to SelfService under the local admin account without any issues. But with this particular user, no dice.

ndudley
Contributor

Were you guys able to find a fix?

ndudley
Contributor

Actually figured it out. This article helped me:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=6558

It turns out that cookies were blocked on the users default browser.

chuck3000
Contributor

We have an LDAP user account that was disabled following the user leaving but in the process of him leaving, he came back. That screwed up the UID of the account so when we re-enabled his account, we had to fix permissions and UID of the user's home directory (and it's file contents). Well, keychain maintained the old information so after troubleshooting user account info, and prefs, we found that if we logged in with a fresh login, access worked fine. But logging in to the re-enabled user's account seemed to unlock the keychain, but actually didn't unlock all the entries within it - Casper was one.

How did we finally fix it? We pitched the ~/Library/Keychains/ folder and rebooted. Upon building anew keychain, we were then able to log in as the user through SS!

ttyler1999
Contributor

Safari and blocked cookies were the cause of this for me (even though Safari is not the default browser). I unblocked cookies in Safari and it fixed the problem.