NoLoAD Configuration Profile uploading to JAMF Cloud not working

danielk
New Contributor II

When I try uploading my config profile I created for NoLoAD using Profile Creator, it will upload, but there is not payload. Does NoLoAD work with JAMF Cloud? I am trying to create a workflow to install NoLoAD after DEP enrollment. I do not want the user to enter their name, just to log in with AD credentials.

1 REPLY 1

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Yeah so custom profiles can work that way, especially ones that are created outside of the Jamf Pro UI, like with Profile Creator. If there is no matching UI settings in Jamf Pro to correspond to the settings in the profile, it unfortunately just shows you a profile with no payload. Rest assured though that deploying it will (usually) deploy the settings, i.e, they are all there, but the UI can't show it to you. If you download the profile and open it in another program (after removing any security), you'll see the xml and all the settings. You just can't see what they are in the GUI.

BTW, this is a change from some past behavior. It used to show as a Custom Settings payload, but to get the settings to show up now, you need to use the new Application & Custom Settings payload, create or use a pre-created JSON file to "generate" the GUI options and set it all up in there. It's both a couple steps forward and 1 step backward from how it was before, since we can no longer simply upload a custom profile into Jamf and just have it plop into the custom settings payload like it used to.
Again, it will still work, but not actually seeing the settings is a bit bizarre and can lead to profile deletions if someone isn't paying attention and they think it's empty.