not re-imaging BOOTCAMP partition

tep
Contributor II

We are new Casper users, and are re-imaging our DualBoot labs for the first time since moving off DeployStudio. Even though the checkbox to "re-image this partition if it already exists" is checked, and the log shows that it did install the selected Windows image, Casper does not seem to actually be re-imaging the partition. When we boot into the Windows side, it has last year's image on it. The install works on new computers (not previously partitioned). Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

bajones
Contributor II

I had that same problem a week ago. I found that if I deleted the existing bootcamp partition first using "diskutil mergePartitions" then Casper Imaging would re-create and image the bootcamp partition. If all your macs have the same partition scheme, the command can be issued over ARD and it takes about 5 seconds to run.

Hope this helps

tep
Contributor II

Thanks for your response. This seems like a bug to me. If the checkbox doesn't do anything, why have it?

I think that the management piece of Casper will be really awesome, but so far I really prefer DeployStudio for imaging.

bajones
Contributor II

I agree about this being a bug, as the box worked properly in previous versions of Casper. I just haven't gotten around to emailing my rep just yet.

tep
Contributor II

Is anyone else seeing this? I really don't want to use DeployStudio anymore for imaging...

rmanly
Contributor III

I found this a long time ago and my mistake was that the partition names were not actually the same.

The drive was created default as BOOTCAMP but some of the images laid down a drive image changing it to windows, Windows, XP, etc. So it was sort of like Imaging not being able to find a drive called "Macintosh HD" or whatever the drive was named when it was imaged last.

Not renaming C: (and narrowing down the image creators to 1 ;) ) resolved this for me.

rmanly
Contributor III

....wat...

rmanly
Contributor III

duplicate post