NYC Metro JAMF User Group March 2016 Meeting

kevinfriel
Contributor

After a holiday hiatus, I'd like to announce the Eleventh NYC Metro JAMF User Group meeting will be held on Thursday, March 3rd, 2016 4:30 to 6:30 PM. at Apple Executive Briefing Center, 100 Fifth Ave, 6th Floor New York, NY, 10014.

Continuing the fine tradition set by @MarkMelaccio, the bi-monthly (or so) NYC JAMF User Groups are a great opportunity for meeting fellow Mac and Casper admins and sharing how we make both work in our respective environments.

Being the first meeting of the year, we will leave the agenda open and will discuss the current state of the Mac and Casper. After rounding up current events and changes, we'll open for a discussion on best practices for DEP, VPP, BYOD, APNS...all the Apple and JAMF acronyms that we encounter daily.

Please register here

Casper admins of all skill levels and focus are invited. Refreshments will be served.

Hope to see you all there!

10 REPLIES 10

kevinfriel
Contributor

Just wanted to bump the the announcement as it's the day before in case anyone missed it previously.

If you're in the NYC metro area and can make it to the Apple Executive Briefing Center, come join us!

perrycj
Contributor III

Looking forward to attending. However, I have a meeting scheduled to go until 4:30. I plan on coming late unless the meeting goes way over. Since this would be my first meet up, is this just more of a open flowing conversation or is there a set agenda, etc?

kevinfriel
Contributor

@perrycj We have both types of meetings or a combo of both. Today will be primarily a few curated discussions.
One topic will have some background info before opening to discussion, the rest will be pretty open and free flowing.

perrycj
Contributor III

Ok thanks. I'll hopefully be there by 5pm-ish.

MarkMelaccio
Contributor II
Contributor II

69ef82ad94ba45b490f1068ac322ca93

Great meeting last night. Happy to see this group continue to grow.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Wow! You guys really defied gravity at that meeting! Way cool!! :)

kevinfriel
Contributor

Thanks to everyone that attended the NYC JUG last night! We had a great turnout and some great discussions.

Per request, here is a link to the Keynote that I presented.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in May. Stay tuned next month for more details.

cadriano
New Contributor III

Thanks for organizing! Awesome discussions. Great people. Good group. See you at the next one!

pblake
Contributor III

I wanted to thank @kevinfriel & @MarkMelaccio for the JUG this past week. It was a great meeting and I really appreciated the conversation about security. I am already preparing my presenatations to my senior leadership for backing on our Mac Hardening standards.

As always it was nice to see @dlau. I will say I did miss seeing @RaulSantos there. Not to inflate his ego, but he is a very smart dude. I enjoyed introducing my teammates @mdemeo, @jjhoung, and @Mcivitillo to the NYC JUG. I also enjoyed meeting @jonscott and @cadriano. I hope we can find ways to collaborate more to help us all solve the similar problems I am sure we all have. Hope to see you all at the next one. We need to start planning JUG after parties!

PS - One take away, how do we order 12 pizza, but not get a regular margherita pizza pie? Have we lost ourselves? I kid, I kid.

RaulSantos
Contributor

@pblake I will be there next time I had planned to attend and had something come up last minute. Hope is was a good meeting I was sad to miss it.

Cheers.