Office 365 Suite - VPP Issues

Russ-N
New Contributor II

Hello,

For new deployments, we are now switched to VPP (slowly working on migrating previous deployments to VPP).

This question is regarding the behaviour of the VPP method, as we are seeing high amounts of failures of some applications (e.g. Word / Excel / Outlook, one or two at a time will fail).

"/Library/Logs/Microsoft/autoupdate.log" seems to suggest that this is coming from Microsoft CDN, not from Mac App Store, I assume this means the Mac App Store contains a Stub Installer for Office 365, which then manages via that stub installer? Am I right in assuming this?

Would really appreciate some enlightenment on this and whether other people experience the same issues with some O365 Applications not installing?

And If this is the case then this also means our method of using a Caching server for the O365 Suite proves useless?

3 REPLIES 3

marklamont
Contributor III

yes, I'm seeing that as well. Haven't investigated yet but a lot of failures or massive delays in installing.

Russ-N
New Contributor II

At least I'm not the only one - thank you for your response!

hdsreid
Contributor III

Not sure if something changed, but the Microsoft AutoUpdate now appears on my VPP install, and doesn't seem to be managed by App Store anymore. I used to not even have the option to search for updates under help, but now it is there.