Office 365 - updates

jameson
Contributor II

Would like some input in regards to Office 365 installation, that we want to install automatically after DEP
Do any have some input what the best practise is to do ? - also in regards to office updates that are comming. What is the best way to push them out to clients, as we don´t want users to be able to just skip those updates

3 REPLIES 3

Nic
New Contributor

Paul Bowden from Microsoft published a script to help with that, it can automate updates and it leverages MS updating system that has smaller files than sending a new complete version of every office app every time they publish a new one:

MSUpdateHelper

jameson
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply regarding how to mange the updates

One issue I still have is deploying office 365 after enrollment. What is the best way to deploy office 365 automatically after deployment - and which package/script should be used

Flexmacmgmt
New Contributor II

@Nic
I tried the script however it is not updating the MS office version. current version is 16.21. we are testing on the mac which has 16.9 and the script result detecting and downloading updates... no updates applied. ...

anything else we need to do or this script is outdated can any one of you help me.

I want to automate the MS office updates using JAMF Pro. Please tell me how can i do that.