Older updates just showing up in ASUS?

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Anyone else seeing a ton of older updates showing up in ASUS (10.8/10.9/10.10 Server) as if they were released by Apple on the 3rd of this month? It looks like they are new updates for 10.5.8, 10.6.8, 10.7.5, Rosetta? This is VERY odd.

Wheres our damn opendirectoryd update!?

Anyone?

external image link

5 REPLIES 5

jyauch
New Contributor III

I can confirm that I see them as well. Glad I don't have things set up to auto download and waste storage.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Apple appears to be re-publishing the updates for some unknown reason. Isn't cert expiry, that's Feb 2019.

They revised the ARD Client 3.8.2 update for some reason as well - new one is 3.8.2 v1.1.

dgreening
Valued Contributor II

Good to know its not only us... What a waste of disk space.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Some of the updates above may actually be used. The damned Voice updates are huge and useless, but I generally let SUS download everything and only enable relevant updates, so they take up space and bandwidth...

casper100
New Contributor II

Yes, here as well. Just went to the SUS after ARD client 3.8.2 v1.1 was offered to my 10.8, 10.9 & 10.10 test machines. Wanted to see if it was available there yet and if there were different builds for different OSes. ARD clients are usually universal, but you never know.
I was nearly completely knocked off course by seeing Rosetta in there but mine looks exactly like yours when sorted by date. Now back to head-scratching over what is new in the revised 3.8.2 ARD client. A different post, I suppose for that one.