One Machine still pending after multiple check ins..

Drekko
New Contributor

hey guys

New to Casper and learning as I go here

I have created a policy and deployed it to 4 machines
ive set it to install on check in and enabled reaccuring check in only in the general tab settings in the policy
Execution Frequency is once per computer
Reaccuring check in is every 30 mins

Now in the logs its completed all on machine but this one machine.

Also it might be worth mentioning this machine that is still in pending state, I actually used this machine to test the policy on so the package is already installed on that machine

Even though the package is already installed from the policy on that machine, shouldnt Casper update itself after the checkin and say its already complete and cease "pending state" ?

Also another question on a different topic of Casper
I know you can set a date and time when the policy will actually be deployed to the remote machines
but does the policy still need to be "enabled" with the set date or will the date and time specified "enable" the policy on that date and time?

2 REPLIES 2

rdwhitt
Contributor II

By chance, do you happen to have anything in the policies "Client-Side Limitations"? I've beat my head up against the wall a few times trying to figure out why a client was still pending before remembering that I set this.

213585d5903a446c8f5c421df08f9d49

Regarding your second questions; If you set the server side limitations on the policy (to tell it when to activate), then you can leave the enabled checkbox checked since it will effectively be disabled until the activation date.

Drekko
New Contributor

Hi rdwhitt

Nothing set in client side limitations for this particular policy as you can see it just has recurring check in enabled

f7f9e23221274a5bb308b01b6966ea90

And thanks heaps for the confirmation of having it enabled still when setting a scheduled server side date/time

I did look around first and saw this post: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=13776
which tells me that you can leave it unchecked, and when the date and time comes it will enable itself
That is how I read it, unless I misunderstood it
I tried to test it this way first, but nothing happened at all at the scheduled time on the client machine or the jamf dashboard. So I was a little skeptical

And not to confuse you guys. The schedule I set was on a different policy. Incase you may think this is the reason why its still pending