OneDrive KFM & Plist

JWeizGuy
New Contributor

I'm attempting to set up Onedrive KFM for my company.  I've read over the other posts regarding this topic and by all accounts appear to be mirroring what others are doing.

• Created and pushed a config to allow full disk access to Onedrive.app
  • Created a plist in Jamf Pro with requisite settings as outlined in the example below

I'm running into two main issues.

1. The Privacy & Security tab doesn't update to show access granted, but it seems like it has been.
  2. The plist is not applied, or at least not applied entirely.  I was assuming it would appear in the library/preferences folder, but it is not.  Are plists created in this manner supposed to appear in a folder on the computer?  

Has anyone run into these issues?  I'm able to set up KFM manually on the laptops, but automatic optin is not functioning as expected.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>KFMBlockOptOut</key>
<true/>
<key>KFMOptInWithWizard</key>
<string>xxxxxxxxx</string>
<key>KFMSilentOptIn</key>
<string>xxxxxxxxx</string>
<key>HideDockIcon</key>
<true/>
<key>OpenAtLogin</key>
<false/>
</dict>
</plist> 

3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@JWeizGuy PPPC settings applied via Configuration Profile do not appear in the Privacy & Security GUI.

Computer level settings applied via a Configuration Profile usually appear under  /Library/Managed Preferences

On the failure of automatic enablement of KFM, that has been a problem with recent OneDrive versions. Hopefully MS will address it soon. 

bwoods
Valued Contributor

We found that the profile only works if you use the Deferred Ring version of OneDrive. You need to add an additional custom setting to your profile.

bwoods_0-1690819565318.png

bwoods
Valued Contributor

bwoods_1-1690819783653.png