OneLogin Desktop & Jamf

cdegaeta
New Contributor III

So my org is moving forward with getting OneLogin setup, specifically the OneLogin Desktop feature as it works really well to authenticate users against an AD without having to bind the computer to a directory. Was just wondering if anyone else has any experience using OL Desktop alongside JAMF and can share their experience with this setup, things to try, things to avoid; that sort of thing. Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

ugutech
New Contributor

I have a client in a similar situation, and we're just getting set up with OneLogin and JAMF. I was hoping to implement the OneLogin Desktop, so I too would be curious to hear about anyone else's experiences. During the JAMF jumpstart, the JAMF people didn't think there would be any issues.

DouglasWard-IA
New Contributor III

I am new to both OneLogin and Jamf Pro, but am implementing both for a client. It's been a fun learning experience. One hiccup I've encountered as I finish up my testing phase is that you can't install the OneLogin Desktop (the part that links the local user account to the OL password) if the Mac is FileVault Encrypted (10.3.1-.10.3.3). UGH. If you install OL Desktop before FV encrypting, it just works fine. OneLogin is aware of this and were working on a fix, but I suspect it is all tied to Apple's recent low level changes in security and FV stuff. Hopefully that will get fixed before too long.

I would love to keep this thread going and hear anyone else's experiences, etc.

tcdos
New Contributor

Can you share how you were able to deploy OneLogin Desktop with Jamf? Was it just a package and policy?

DouglasWard-IA
New Contributor III

Just to follow up on this thread, OneLogin Desktop v3.x installs and works fine with High Sierra 10.13.6 and Mojave FileVaulted Macs. Hooray. v2.0 failed all over the place for me. I just finished doing a bunch of testing, and it works as advertised: it syncs the OL password to the Mac, updates upon password change, etc.

Now, I am trying to figure out the best way to deploy it. I can send users instructions to self-install, but I wonder if there's a more automated way leveraging Jamf. OneLogin Desktop comes as a .dmg containing an installer .app .

I'd love to hear what other people are doing.

nsoc-andrep
New Contributor

anyone did a successful silent install? inserting the version to OneLogin desktop PRO and adding the subdomein. I tried building a plist but didn't do the trick

DouglasWard-IA
New Contributor III

Old thread, but we're still using OneLogin Desktop (currently v3.0.64), and deploying it with Jamf. Per their page on this , I just run a script that does the preference write, then install the package...

#!/bin/bash

echo "creating OneLogin Desktop prefs"

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.onelogin.OneLoginDesktop subdomain "oursudomain"
defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.onelogin.OneLoginDesktop variation "pro"

Dope! are you running it on prestage ? or how does your setup look like ?