OS X 10.11.3 Installers

anamosa
New Contributor II

I have created installers for OS X in the past on USB Thumb Drives and Volumes on External Drives. This has worked for Mavericks, Yosemite, and El Capitan version 10.11.2. I have used the "createinstallmedia" app located in /Contents/Resources/ and terminal to create the installers.

All of a sudden in Mac OS X 10.11.3 when I try to use the installer I get a message "This copy of the OS X El Capitan application can not be verified. It may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading."

After reading some posts on Jamf Nation, I tried downloading the "DiskMaker X" app to create bootable installer. It creates the installer, but trying to install brings up the same error message.

Anyone have any clues?

4 REPLIES 4

jhalvorson
Valued Contributor

Did you happen to copy the installer to a file server? I' had that issue on a couple of occasions. I've gotten in the habit of downloading, compressing to zip, and placing the zipped copy on my server to avoid corruption with the installer app.

I suggest deleting the installer and downloading again from the Mac App Store.

tthurman
Contributor III

I had this issue recently. Plug it into the network and try again.

Regards,
TJ

apizz
Valued Contributor

Might be related to Rich's post here

jason_bracy
Contributor III

Yes, this is definitely because of the certificate expiration. I had the same issue recreating my 10.9, 10.10 and 10.11 media from archived installers last week. If you re-download the installer it should work fine.