OS X Server has failed to download

jramsey021
New Contributor

But it didn't fail to download. It downloaded completely and then failed to install.

I'm trying to deploy OS X Server to a few machines and I have tried assigning it to both a user and a specific machine. In both cases I ran into this same issue. I get no error message or error code other than "failed to download".

I am quite confident the user-based licensing is working because the app displays in my "Purchased" tab in the App Store, but beside the download button it says "An error has occurred" and the download button is completely grayed out. I can still try to re-download/install OS X Server via the Self Service portal but I just run into the exact same problem.

[Edit]

I will add that the OS X Server app is still hanging in my Applications folder with the download bar still displayed (but completed, only remaining bar is the installation portion) and will not let me cancel the download.

2 REPLIES 2

shaunpbrowne
New Contributor

Just in case you haven't seen it, this discussion regarding sounds like the same issue you are having: https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=20415

I'm also having the same issue with OS X Server deployed via VPP! Nightmare.

jramsey021
New Contributor

This does look like the same issue. Thanks for the heads up, will be following it!