OSXConfigurationProfile.com.apple.MCX.loginwindow.jsp is not implemented Error with Login window Profile

sstungate
New Contributor

Hi,
Created a Login Window profile today and the profile installs fine on the client mac but doesn't apply the settings correctly. Firstly it locks out the Require Password settings so a user is not able to change them even though there is no Security payload added in to the profile settings. When you add in the security payload it doesn't allow the user to change them either. The next thing that happens if you remove the security payload is that the Login Window settings display the following text.

OSXConfigurationProfile.com.apple.MCX.loginwindow.jsp is not implemented

Then you can't edit the profile or the settings at all.
Anybody else seen this behaviour.
Using the latest Casper Cloud

3 REPLIES 3

jmahlman
Valued Contributor

I see the same thing on our 9.92 install. I just removed the login window payload then recreated it manually.

joeselway
New Contributor II

I've just hit this issue myself on 9.92. Recreating payload did not help, in fact the problem recurred with a new blank profile.

I performed a repair/optimize on the tables based on https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=8852 and then restarted Tomcat.

The existing profile is now displaying the payload contents OK after the reboot.

Hopefully this helps someone else.

tomt
Valued Contributor

Ran into this same issue just now and the solution in the thread referenced by @joeselway worked for me as well. Ran the repair and optimize then restarted Tomcat on my JSS.

Copy/Paste of the post below:

Posted: 11/21/13 at 9:18 AM by @ifbell

Okay I have a fix for my specific issue but you may want to try this. In talking with my support person they had me run the following commands against the mysql database.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck -u root -p --repair jamfsoftware

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck -u root -p --optimize jamfsoftware

These corrected the issues I had, your milage may vary.

Tom T.