Outlook 365 My Computer Archive question

NealIV
Contributor

How can you export the Outlook 365 My Computer Archive files? I have a user that is migrating to a new Mac and wants to transfer these files from Outlook 365 on his old Mac to Outlook 365 on the new, but I do not see a way to export the My Computer archived files. In Outlook 2011 you can export and create a .OLM file but in the new Outlook i do not see it.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@NealIV They removed that feature for the new version of Outlook for Mac. So there is no way to currently export those files out to .olm.

The thinking behind that was that in its current form they really intended the new Outlook to be used with O365 cloud based accounts. The intention was that you would use the O365 Online Archive feature for cloud accounts so your archives stay in the cloud.

Obviously this would be a huge problem for companies that use on-premise servers. I got to have a meeting with our MS reps and relay our concerns about this and how in many ways its a deal breaker for us and extremely short sighted by MS. They understood the issue but couldn't promise anything.

For our own users, we have been letting them play with the new version if they wanted to but made them acknowledge they understood the archiving issue and they were on their own if they want to archive.

In the meantime though, if you migrate their home directory to the new computer, it should bring over their profile and the data containers for everything so it should still be available on the new computer. You don't really need to archive out to a .olm file to be able to migrate their profile/database/etc to the new machine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

@NealIV They removed that feature for the new version of Outlook for Mac. So there is no way to currently export those files out to .olm.

The thinking behind that was that in its current form they really intended the new Outlook to be used with O365 cloud based accounts. The intention was that you would use the O365 Online Archive feature for cloud accounts so your archives stay in the cloud.

Obviously this would be a huge problem for companies that use on-premise servers. I got to have a meeting with our MS reps and relay our concerns about this and how in many ways its a deal breaker for us and extremely short sighted by MS. They understood the issue but couldn't promise anything.

For our own users, we have been letting them play with the new version if they wanted to but made them acknowledge they understood the archiving issue and they were on their own if they want to archive.

In the meantime though, if you migrate their home directory to the new computer, it should bring over their profile and the data containers for everything so it should still be available on the new computer. You don't really need to archive out to a .olm file to be able to migrate their profile/database/etc to the new machine.

jamsjak
New Contributor

You can convert Outlook 365 files to another file format with the best application you can try the TrustVare OLM Converter Tool. You can convert Outlook 365 files and create new Outlook files. You can access Outlook 365 data after conventions. It supports all MS Outlook and Windows OS versions.

Read More:- https://www.trustvare.com/blog/transfer-outlook-mac-emails-to-archive-file-with-attachments/