Outlook for iOS - lock down "Add Mail Account"

BBJumpingBean
New Contributor

We are restricting the ability to add non-corporate email accounts to the native Apple mail client (which is easy to lock down in jamf by locking the Settings) but we would like to offer Outlook for iOS app as an alternative to the native client.  So...couple of questions:

1. Is it possible to push a config to the Outlook app so that is sets up the users Exchange email box?

2. Is it possible to lock down the Outlook for iOS app so that users can't add additional email accounts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@BBJumpingBean 

More information about this restriction is available here.

This capability is supported with Microsoft 365 and Office 365 accounts or on-premises accounts using hybrid modern authentication”

So if the mail accounts are not Office 365 then it will not work. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cubandave
Contributor

Hello @BBJumpingBean 

Outlook for iOS can be configured with an App config in the Managed App. 

Everything you can configure is available here

App Config Keys 

BBJumpingBean
New Contributor

Thank you @cubandave - i've managed to get the config in place but i'm not having any luck locking down the Outlook app (more email accounts can still be added to the app).  Do you happen to know any caveats to this working/not working? As in... you must use Exchange Online or the device must actually be in InTune? Here is a snip of what I have in place right now:

<key>IntuneMAMAllowedAccountsOnly</key>
<string>Enabled</string>
<key>IntuneMAMUPN</key>
<string>$EMAIL</string>
</dict>

@BBJumpingBean 

More information about this restriction is available here.

This capability is supported with Microsoft 365 and Office 365 accounts or on-premises accounts using hybrid modern authentication”

So if the mail accounts are not Office 365 then it will not work. 

mmobin
New Contributor II

This works for me, users are not able to add "other" accounts into outlook for ios

<key>IntuneMAMAllowedAccountsOnly</key>
    <string>Enabled</string>

BBJumpingBean
New Contributor

that setting sort of works... in testing it appears users can add a personal account if added before a corporate account. Once the corporate account is added the personal account goes away and additional accounts aren't allowed thereafter.

mmobin
New Contributor II

I am experiencing something a bit different, I had a corporate account then added a personal account, and then applied this key via app config. Now I am not able to add any more accounts but the personal account stays it does not remove