Outlook > Cisco Jabber Privacy Preferences

ocla__09
Contributor

I have been having a lot of trouble with the following prompt:
b91c48d968bb4e8ab8a96dedeb71d4af

I have created a privacy prefs profile giving outlook access to all protected files. Has anyone had to create a profile for this situation and had it work?

7 REPLIES 7

sshort
Valued Contributor

If you're using the PPPC Utility, drag Outlook into the left column, then drag Cisco Jabber into AppleEvents.

ocla__09
Contributor

Thanks @sshort , I did create these with the PPPC Utility but it does not seem to be working. I configured in the way you described, as well as giving Outlook full disk access.

What I did notice is that in privacy preferences, the prompts are showing up under the automation category:
7562d1e1f0224322a83e9189d928e434

I do not see a section in the config profiles options that directly references this. Do you know which profile option would cover this automation section?

davidhiggs
Contributor III

I've allowed:

Cisco Jabber to control iTunes and Outlook (Automation)

Microsoft Outlook to control Cisco Jabber (Automation)

ocla__09
Contributor

@davidhiggs were you able to achieve that using the apple events option earlier mentioned, or something else?

davidhiggs
Contributor III

I believe Apple Events is the same Automation or Automate other Applications. I signed my mobileconfig too, which I think is required for JAMF 10.6 but not 10.7+

c5b4c54a599c4c63a536e4da95789ad6

e1e0ae9f2df54a72aa54138fbc43ff5e

sshort
Valued Contributor

@ocla&&09 yep, Automation can include AppleEvents. In my experience if the app is showing in System Preferences under the Privacy section (like your example screenshot) they have been user approved (or not fully enabled by a profile). If you have a clean test machine and apply the profile, the apps shouldn't appear in Sys Prefs if it's been configured by the PPPC payload.

I have run into a couple of situations with accessibility where just approving an app for accessibility doesn't remove the prompts on their own, it appeared much like your screenshot where the app appears in System Preferences, but just unchecked/unenabled. For those I had to add an AppleEvent to control System Prefs. So, in your case you might want to test Cisco Jabber controls System Preferences with an AppleEvent in addition to Outlook controlling Jabber. I'm not sure that full disk access is doing anything for you here.

ocla__09
Contributor

Great, thanks guys for your assistance