Package deleted from a DP continues to get installed, and the newer version does not.

rayf
New Contributor II

I've got a package that JAMF installs with every Mac Startup. It contains a plist file and bash script which gets placed in /Library/LaunchAgents/. The Package was created with Composer. All works fine except I had to modify the script and create a new version of the package. Even though the package on the JAMF Distribution Share shows that it is the newer version (i.e., by the date modified and by the contents of the script), JAMF continues to install the older version. The older version no longer exists on the Distribution point, and I'm deleting it from the destination folders of the macs, but after each startup, the old version continues to get installed. I've even recreated the Package in JAMF, and recreated the Policy that deploys it. Is there a cache or tmp folder somewhere that I need to look for? 

1 REPLY 1

steve_summers
Contributor III

Hey @rayf , so with zero knowledge of your network or setup, you could have multiple DP's within your network.  So, if that's the case, the primary DP's contents need to be replicated out to other DP's.  That is one possible cause.  You could be a cloud customer for all I know.  But, that's what I'd look at first: network/DP setup.

Thanks.