Partitioning Schemes

Not applicable

Hi,

Has anyone else been having any issues with the Additional Partitions section of a Configuration in Casper Admin? We've set up a few additional partitions, but whenever we image a machine using this config the partitioning scheme is completely ignored.

Nothing at all shows up in the logs regarding the partitioning.

Anyone got any clues before I go banging on support's door?

Cheers
Dan
-- Daniel Farnworth
IT Manager
The Creative Partnership
daniel.farnworth at thecreativepartnership.co.uk

http://www.thecreativepartnership.co.uk
Tel: +44 (0)20 7439 7762
Fax: +44 (0)20 7437 1467

PGP Public Key available

4 REPLIES 4

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

You may want to try doing the partitioning manually to see if there are any interactive errors being thrown. If there is not enough contiguous free space, the partitioning will fail. While live partitioning in Leopard is great, Apple needs to include some sort of optimizer so you can put all the free space at the end of the drive to make it really useful.

The few times I've lopped off some disk space to make a new partition I've needed to use iDefrag first.

j
---
Jared F. Nichols
Desktop Engineer, Infrastructure & Operations
Information Services Department
MIT Lincoln Laboratory
244 Wood Street
Lexington, Massachusetts 02420

Bukira
Contributor

I've used it with 1 additional partition and it works fine everytime, I've also used my own partition script which also works fine

Cross

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

I just upgraded to 7 today, so I haven't had a chance to play with it that much. However, in the past I have always had a before image 'preflight' script that runs diskutil commands to partition the drive. Never had a problem with it.

Thomas Larkin
TIS Department
KCKPS USD500
tlarki at kckps.org
blackberry: 913-449-7589
office: 913-627-0351

Not applicable

Thanks chaps for your responses. It turned out to be a PEBKAC!

Sorry to waste everyone's time.

Cheers
Dan