Patch all computers

CSD
New Contributor II

Our Security team is complaining that we have many devices not patched with Latest MacOS updates and are vulnerable for exploit, this report is generated from Windows Defender antivirus console, is there a way we can create some policy or smart computer group and patch with force to all computers through JAMF Pro, any quick suggestion 

7 REPLIES 7

mickl089
Contributor III

create a smart group with "operating system version" is not 12.3.1 and save. click on "view", you´ll get the list with all macOS systems not with 12.3.1 and then you have a button "action" - i made some screenshots for you.

SCR-20220408-bwx.png

SCR-20220408-bxd.png

  

Paulraj
New Contributor

I have done. But M1 Mac Jamf pro configuration and Policies are not applying please help me

I believe this requires Jamf to hold the bootstrap token for the M1 Macs

CSD
New Contributor II

Thanks @mickl089 , I had done this but there were 236 computers when viewed and even after an hour/two same numbers.

Any idea how fast is this push, I mean does this use JAMF sync or Apple DC's 

Tribruin
Valued Contributor II

That method uses an MDM command to send the update. There are a lot of variables to this process: is the computer online? Did the APNS notification go through? How big is the update? Has the computer submitted an updated inventory since getting updated?

I would give it more than an hour or two, probably more like a day or so for the update to push and an updated inventory submitted to Jamf (assuming you have a daily inventory policy.) 

I wou

I would suggest to wait at least 1-2 days actually. The update takes time and until the device sends the new info to Jamf, some time passes as well.

CSD
New Contributor II

The wait is now almost ~ 3 weeks earlier at start this 236 now today still 129 computers, if there is need for organisation to push some critical updates then this is not the method I think.

Any other option like new policy which can use apple DC's instead of JAMF which are immediate?