Pilgrimage Planning

Serge
New Contributor III

Now that JNUC is getting closer and Prince's estate has officially announced tours of Paisley Park, now would be a good time to start finalizing the pilgrimage. @danny33c started a thread here that contains some details from the official website, including prices.

Things to decide: When? Monday has been floated, but if that doesn't work for the majority who want to go, then we'll pick another day.

Regular tour or VIP tour? Significant price difference between the two, but the VIP tour may be more tempting for some of the more hardcore fans.

Chime in with your thoughts.

UPDATE: 10/04/2016 Local city council has tabled re-zoning of Paisley Park for now, meaning it won't be open to the public on 10/06/2016 as was expected. Those of you who have already purchased tickets should contact the studio as to what will be done about that. If anyone has more information about that, please post here.

14 REPLIES 14

mcohen
New Contributor

Either pass sounds good, 70 mins is likely adequate (for me). Monday eve sounds good, as thats likely a travel day for most folk (me included), who closer to evening should be settled. There's likely to be other events during JNUC, so I'd opt for Monday.

vperezy
New Contributor

Love this idea. I'm okay with General Admission and Monday evening although transportation looks like it may need to be organized as well. I'll be car-less but willing to ride with a group if anyone has an auto or is interested in uber.

brianj
New Contributor

I already bought a VIP tour ticket for around 7pm on Monday before I saw this thread. I'd be interested in sharing transportation if people end up going Monday night.

danny33c
New Contributor III

I bought a GM ticket for Monday, Oct. 17 at 4pm, and I will have a car that can seat at least four. I'm staying at the Aloft Minneapolis and will probably leave around 3pm or so, Paisley Park is about a half hour drive from there. I know it may be a bit early for most, but I would like to get back for the gathering at Grumpy's Monday evening. If anyone would like to purchase tickets around that time and would like a ride please let me know.

Dan

P.S. @Serge Sorry for jumping the gun on earlier info... I love your band's version of Lovesong!

vperezy
New Contributor

@danny33c I'm in for your 3pm plan and would like to claim one of the seats in your car, please.

agodwin
New Contributor

I just purchased a VIP tour ticket for Monday 10/17 at 7pm.

@brianj or anyone else with a similar time and ticket - If you see this perhaps we can work out transportation together. I plan on arriving at the airport at around 2:30pm and I'll be staying just a few blocks from the conference location. If all goes well I should be ready to head out by 5pm. I understand it's about a 45 min. drive out to Paisley Park.

Any other takers for the VIP tour at 7pm on the 17th?

pmullins
New Contributor

I just bought a VIP ticket for 7:00 Monday the 17th. My flight doesn't get in until 5:20, but I'll go through hell or high water to get to PP. I'd love to rideshare.

danny33c
New Contributor III

Booooooooooo!!!

http://blog.thecurrent.org/2016/10/paisley-park-opening-may-be-delayed-chanhassen-city-council-tables-rezoning/

That sucks!

Serge
New Contributor III

Just updated the original post. Thanks to @danny33c for keeping on top of this. I haven't been getting my alerts on this thread for a while apparently.

If you've already bought a ticket, please contact the studio to see how they plan to handle this. When you do, please post here to let others know.

pmullins
New Contributor

The City Council isn't planning on voting again until December. I guarantee you Universe.com is going to keep all of our money until at least then. I put in a dispute with my credit card company, but that may be a dead-end.

If we're going to get our money back, it's very likely not going to be for quite awhile. Of course they may just keep our money and give us a credit for a future date.

We may be looking at a paisley park pilgrimage during JNUC 2017!

Edit: Email to info@OfficialPaisleyPark.com generated an auto-response. I will report back if anything else comes of it.

pmullins
New Contributor

Got a response to my email sent to info@OfficialPaisleyPark.com. Looks like they just cut and pasted from the mass email they sent last night.

If you didn't get the email and are interested, here's the text.:

The Chanhassen, Minnesota City Council has granted Paisley Park a temporary permit to open the museum for tours on Thursday, October 6, Saturday October 8, and Friday, October 14, while Paisley Park continues to work closely with the council on their traffic and zoning concerns. No new tickets are available for October 6, 8 or 14.

For ticket holders for other dates, we are hopeful that we can arrange for additional temporary permit dates at Paisley Park, and will keep guests updated as we learn more.

We remain committed to giving Prince’s countless fans the opportunity to visit Paisley Park to honor, celebrate and remember the life, legacy, and music of one of the greatest most beloved artists of all time.

Further information will be forthcoming.

seanz
New Contributor II

Got an email this morning saying that they received another permit for the 21st, 22nd, and 23rd in case any of you are staying later. Better hop on those tickets!

danny33c
New Contributor III

If you have tickets for Monday, October 17th please email the Chanhassen City Council and ask for a temporary permit for that day! council@ci.chanhassen.mn.us

Serge
New Contributor III

Sure. Wait until JNUC is over to approve this Chanhassen City Council.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/princes-paisley-park-museum-officially-approved-w446578