Plugins URL not appearing in Self Service.

guilherme_teles
New Contributor

Hi, I can't see the Plugins URL in Self Service: external image link

We have several plugins configured: external image link

Here is the configuration of one of them:

external image link Our JSS is 9.24, I've tried in several machines (all of them with the same problem).

9 REPLIES 9

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

I've seen this happen here on several installations. If you hover over the left edge of the window, your cursor should change to a straight up and down line with an arrow. Just click and drag to adjust the pane.

Hope that makes sense.

guilherme_teles
New Contributor

It looks better, but the plugins continue not appearing...

Check the pic:

external image link

mml7
New Contributor II

This happened to us on 9.24 in our environment on Linux. With JAMF's help, we resolved it by creating a TEMP folder on the JSS

mkdir -p /usr/local/jss/tomcat/temp/JSS
chown -Rv tomcat7:tomcat7 /usr/local/jss/tomcat/temp

We have also seen this on our 9.21 production environment. JAMF has told us that that was due to a bug in 9.21 that was resolved in 9.24.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Did you run "sudo jamf manage" on the client Macs? It sometimes doesn't show up quickly but this should pull the settings to the local machine(s) right away.

guilherme_teles
New Contributor

I figured it out the problem, it is with the icons! If I create a Self Service without icon it appear and works fine, but if I choose icons it doesn't appear.

I am using the common 128x128 PNG (also tried icon that I'm using in selfservice policies).

external image link

Ps: The self service policies with icons are working fine.

guilherme_teles
New Contributor

Any idea?

jconte
Contributor II

I am having the same issue after upgrading to 9.3, however mine don't work no matter what I do.

MChivers
New Contributor II

We had a similar issue. What I found out was on the problem User the folder /Library/Application Support/JAMF was set to no access. Once I changed the permissions over to read and write on the folder i was able to see the folder Self Service and within that the folder Managed Plug-ins, i could see the .plist files each URL gives it when it checks in. I reran recon and relaunched Self Service and they popped up.

Worth a shot

BelleFairy
New Contributor

Wow, I was having the exact problem with our self-service plug in URL earlier.. We are running on 9.81 and I couldn't get the side pane up.. Thanks to the terminal command. Finally I can see our self-service plug in URL!

Thank you guys so much!