Policies for Computers

jwarming
New Contributor

Hello All,

I am a relatively new jamf admin at work and have inherited our jamf system from a former employee. I have some questions about policies. Specifically i have a Smart group 'new computer' setups that has a criteria of <1 on day for check in (after enrollment) and does not have outlook.app installed. This works fine and only lists new machines that have not been set up for new employees. Then i have a policy to install software etc, the scope for this policy is the 'new computers' smart group mentioned above. The policy works fine and does what it is supposed to do. The strange part is when i look at an existing computer that had the policy applied (and completed) when it was new say named 'jsmith' it still shows the policy listed in jsmith->management->policies in scope.
jsmith is Not in the smart group that is scoped to that policy.

So i made a clone of the policy, renamed it, deleted the old policy, scoped the new policy to the same smart group of new systems, and the new policy appears in jsmith->management->policies in scope. How is this happening?

Thanks in advance....

0 REPLIES 0