Policies not appearing in Self Service

samuelc
New Contributor

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on the issue im experiencing with enabled, scoped policies not showing up in Self Service?

All settings for the policy are correct and it hasnt been changed from when it was previously working. It is enabled, scoped correctly and is selected as a SS policy but i still cant get it to show up.

Now the really interesting part, if i create another policy from scratch with the exact same settings, it appears in Self Service just fine, however cloning the policy that doesnt work provides no results.

Im confused. Help.

4 REPLIES 4

Look
Valued Contributor III

They have to be set to "ongoing" otherwise once they have been run once they will no longer show up (or at least not for another day/week depending on the frequency setting).

samuelc
New Contributor

All of the policies in question are all set to ongoing. These policies were working not so long ago and the issue was noticed prior to updating to Casper Suite 9.6

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Any network limitations applied to the policy that you may be overlooking? Like only showing up under certain Network Segments, or only when on a wired connection, etc? Or any client side time limitations that would make it only show up at certain times of the day?
I would look carefully through all the settings in the problem policy and compare it to the one you create from scratch that works. There must be something different between the two of them.

Something else you can try on a lark; disable the policy, save it, then enable it again and save. I'm wondering if somehow even though its showing its enabled, it actually isn't and is some kind of visual glitch. My guess is probably not, but if combing through it carefully to make sure nothing is amiss doesn't reveal the problem, you can try the above just to see what happens.

RobbieReichard
New Contributor III

Do you have multiple applications and scripts in this policy?