Policy Banner/ login hook

SMC
New Contributor

Hey all,

I need to create a Policy Banner for my student labs. I've gone through the process but found that the banner will display upon boot up which is fine for the first user to turn the machine on but once the initial user logs out, the banner is displayed again and so if that student clicks 'Accept' then the next student who logs in won't see the banner appear.

Not sure if there's any way to fix that from happening....

I was also thinking that I could create a plist which then can be added to the launch agent but then I'm not sure how to configure it so that it will display the banner with the 'Accept' button to allow the student to proceed.

Any ideas how to tackle this one?

Greatly appreciated

David

3 REPLIES 3

franton
Valued Contributor III

I've found that it will display, just not immediately upon log out. Usually takes a minute or so of inactivity.

This apple kb may help my link text

Alternatively, you can junk using Apple's solution and think about using @loceee 's fork of CocoaDialog which he's got to work over the loginwindow. Combine that with a script and a launch agent to load on the loginwindow and that should work.

calumhunter
Valued Contributor

@SMC The policy banner is shown after 60 seconds of inactivity at the loginwindow

Example:
1. boot up machine to login window, policy banner is displayed
2. click accept
3. loginwindow shows username and password
4. wait 60 seconds and the policy banner is show again

SMC
New Contributor

@calumhunter yeah that will have to do then. Thanks for that