Policy trigger

lalitha24
New Contributor II

Hi All,

I am doing some testing on the policies being executed on the machines. I have scheduled some policies from Jamf and on the client machine, instead of waiting for start up or the recurring check in time frame, I want to force the policy trigger , but I don't want to do it from terminal using the command sudo Jamf policy as I don't want it to run from terminal. I should see the pop up message which I kept for user interaction to verify if it is working the way it should. Is this possible with any command, please suggest.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

joshuasee
Contributor III

Generally if you want a policy triggered by the user, Self Service is they way to go, even if the user is you. Is there some reason it's not the right solution in this case?

If the usual policy notifications are inadequate, search around this forum for more information on using jamfHelper.app.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

If you want to trigger the policy before it's naturally scheduled time, what is wrong with using Terminal to do a sudo jamf policy or sudo jamf policy -event <trigger>? Either one should still show any user interaction messages you have set up in the policy. I'm not sure I understand why you're averse to using one of those triggers in Terminal. Those should be ok to use.

lalitha24
New Contributor II

if I use the command then it is showing the messages in the terminal itself, I am doing some tests to capture the user interaction message screenshots hence I wanted it to go that way. However let me check by doing from terminal and see. Thank you.

tjhall
Contributor III

How about running a JamfHelper policy based on a smartgroup which then either runs the policy or opens a SelfService policy?

JustDeWon
Contributor III

@lalitha24 , what are you using in the script for the dialogs? Running the sudo jamf policy -event trigger in terminal will kick off the policy that's in the JSS, which will still allow the user interaction messages that you can take screenshots with. Only time the user interaction runs in terminal is if you actually run the command in terminal that does the dialog, running the policy -event should not put the prompts in terminal