Policy with no targets went to all machines

Britt_Goode
New Contributor II

We have a few machines that did not update their FV recovery key, so I created a policy that will be scoped to a smart group. I did not create the smart group yet so I have the policy scoped to Specific Machines and Specific users, with nobody added; no targets. It is also set to run once per machine and only attempt 3 times. However, despite these settings it did still push out to all our machines and was attempting on failed machines indefinitely. I have it disabled currently but can find no reason why it pushed out to anybody. has anyone encountered this before and if so, was there a fix for it?
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 2.20.03 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-06 at 2.20.20 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Click the history button at the bottom right of the policy to view the changes to the policy. You might be able to identify who mis-scoped the policy prior to you taking screenshots.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ryan_ball
Valued Contributor

Click the history button at the bottom right of the policy to view the changes to the policy. You might be able to identify who mis-scoped the policy prior to you taking screenshots.

Britt_Goode
New Contributor II

We found the issue and it was human error not server related. 🙂