Possible to convert a PXE image to a netboot image to host on Netsus?

striderida1
New Contributor

Pretty much what the title says. We are using Netsus and Clonedeploy together for imaging. Clonedeploy is great for imaging Mac's, but requires booting from a USB drive since it's a PXE server. Netsus works great for netboot, but the imaging process is a lot slower than Clonedeploy. I was thinking a great test would be to combine the two for the best of both features. So i was wondering, can you somehow convert the PXE boot isoi mage to a netboot set that you could upload to the Netsus appliance? That way you could option boot, see the netboot set, then boot into the PXE image? I want to say this seems kind of like how Deploy Studio works but the problem with deploy studio is that it requires Apple hardware...and Netsus and Clonedeploy can run in VMware on our Cisco UCS VM environment. Thanks in advance for any input!

4 REPLIES 4

jdolny
New Contributor

Have you tried the CloneDeploy Proxy DHCP? It should work with your existing Netsus server. When you netboot your Mac it should display the available boot images from both servers.

striderida1
New Contributor

Hmmm, interesting. Do you know which Proxy Mode's should be enabled for this too work? I tried enabling the Proxy DHCP on clone depploy, disabled Netboot for now while testing on the Netsus, but i don't see anything show up on option boot except local disk?

jdolny
New Contributor

In the proxy dhcp config file you need to enable apple mode, then in the web ui, select using proxy mode and set efi64 to ipxe64

striderida1
New Contributor

Ok so now i can see the NBI on the Netsus under option boot which is good, but i still don't see an EFI boot option to boot into clone deploy?