Post-enrollment policies instead of imaging for new machines--any tips?

stevehahn
Contributor

I was just watching the recent JAMF webinar on imaging workflows and I am intrigued by the "no imaging" option for new machines where certain policies are set to run right after enrollment completes. Imaging has always been a pain point for my technicians and I'm excited about making their lives easier by allowing them to just enroll a new machine and let Casper do the rest.

A couple of questions come to mind:

• Our CrashPlan client install policy needs to be run while the end user is logged in, because whoever is logged in is the user that CrashPlan will back up. Right now the technician just logs into the user's account and installs CrashPlan through Self Service before giving the Mac to the user... I'm wanting to pare this down to the technician enrolls the Mac, waits a bit for the post enrollment policies to complete, and then gives the Mac to the user. Anyone have a good approach to making the CrashPlan policy run in the background the first time the end user logs in?
  • A lot of the policies that I would want to run post-enrollment have existing scopes and I'd be worried that new machines might not run the policy because they're not in the right scope; do you all just have a separate set of policies for post-enroll tasks so that they don't get all mixed up?
0 REPLIES 0