Post Enrollment Prompt

derrad
New Contributor III

Good Afternoon and happy new year everyone. I am looking to have a prompt appear post-enrollment asking for a few pieces of information:
Name:
E-mail Address:
Department: (Drop Down would be nice).

Once the user submits the information it would modify the device record in jamf. Has anyone done something similar to this?

3 REPLIES 3

stevewood
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

@derrad I do something kind of similar using cocoaDialog to present pop-ups for my techs to fill out. You could do the same with AppleScript using an osascript call in a Bash script, or you could look at using Pashua via Python to do the same. Once you have the data, then it's just a matter of updating jamf with it:

jamf recon -email "${userEmail}" -department "${userDep}" -realname "${fullName}"

I'm moving our stuff over to Pashua for now, although we may move to a Swift app eventually due to the amount of info we have to gather/parse.

Nix4Life
Valued Contributor

+1 for Pashua. And agree with the man @stevewood on moving to swift. I made this last year for a client
45432e881ec246b194d27690fdd53fff

jameson
Contributor II

Is it possible that any can post some script example on how this can be made (if someone has actually done something similar) that @derrad ask about. Could also be usefull for me