PPPC Utility Catalina Webex

skinford
Contributor III

@michal_matoga, trying to set up, Cisco Webex meetings Screen Recording for Catalina using PPPC. But when you select, Let standard users approve, it turns on the Big Sur Compatibility button which gives an error as stated on Catalina.

Am I missing something?  Can't you use PPPC Utility to create that policy for Catalina?  I'm using 1.4.0, but I have also tried using 1.3.0.

Thank you Michal for any assistance that you or anyone can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

If I'm not mistaken, on Catalina, standard users already could approve screen recording in System Preferences. It wasn't until Big Sur that Apple changed it where only admin users could change it without deploying a profile allowing standard users to approve.

so basically the short of it is, the profile shouldn't be necessary on Catalina at all as Standard users can already approve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ljcacioppo
Contributor III

If I'm not mistaken, on Catalina, standard users already could approve screen recording in System Preferences. It wasn't until Big Sur that Apple changed it where only admin users could change it without deploying a profile allowing standard users to approve.

so basically the short of it is, the profile shouldn't be necessary on Catalina at all as Standard users can already approve

Thank you for reaching out, Something must have changed then, a standard user was not allowed to access Screen Recording behind the locked lock.

Is there a different place to allow it?  I didn't see it anywhere.

My apologies you are correct, thank you for the help.  I was trying something else and saw where my issue was thank you @ljcacioppo!!