Prestage Enrollment - Enrollment Packages list is not complete compared to the packages that I've uploaded to our cloud JSS instance.

joethedsa
Contributor II

I'm attempting to install a package during Prestage Enrollment but it (and other packages) are not in the list to choose. In other words, If I go to Settings > Packages, I can see all of the ~30 packages that I've uploaded since the beginning of our Jamf instance. When I go to add an "Enrollment Package" during the Prestage Enrollment, the package I need is missing. There is only ~20 of the ~30 packages that I've uploaded available. I'm on version 10.10.1-t1551187745. What am I missing?

3 REPLIES 3

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

What you're missing, maybe, is that any package used in Prestage Enrollment as an enrollment package must be developer signed. See: https://docs.jamf.com/10.9.0/jamf-pro/administrator-guide/Computer_PreStage_Enrollments.html and scroll down to Enrollment Packages for the requirements.

It's possible the ones that are missing are not signed and therefore not showing up as selections? I haven't exactly checked this myself, but I do know those packages have to be signed to work at all, so maybe Jamf Pro is preventing you from choosing something that just won't work.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Ok, I spoke too soon. That doesn't look like the issue (it sounded good though! :) ) I just checked myself on my own 10.10.1 instance, and I see all our packages, including many I built myself that have no certificate signature, so they are all there.

I'm not sure then why you wouldn't be seeing all of your packages. The only other thing I can think of is, are you using both a cloud distribution point and a local one? If so, are the missing packages for sure on the cloud DP, because right now that is the other major requirement. You can't use anything from a local distribution point.

joethedsa
Contributor II

@mm2270, Our instance is solely a cloud DP, there is no local one. There was an easier way to accomplish what I needed to do with the package. I'm not sure how I missed it as it was right there in plain site. I just needed to create another local admin account during enrollment. This account is a "setup account" that student workers use to setup computers for deployment. We don't want to provide them the Jamf admin account information so this did the trick. I still think that not having all of the uploaded packages as Enrollment Packages needs to be addressed but that will be for another day. I'll post an update with what I find.