PreStage Enrollment "Require Authentication" Extremely Slow

flame40
New Contributor

We can query users that our in our on-prem LDAPS server within Jamf Cloud just fine, but when we enable Require Authentication for Prestage Enrollment and the user enters in their LDAPS account on a new Mac, the computer thinks about those credentials for ~10 minutes before finally accepting them. However, if the password is entered incorrectly, it's immediately marked as wrong without waiting for 10 mintues. It's kind of ridiculous. Not sure what I can do to reduce that waiting time for end users

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

flame40
New Contributor

After some testing, I was able to get the time down from about 10 minutes to 20 seconds by removing the configuration profiles we had attached to the prestage enrollment. Also, we did not have any packages attached. Reconfiguring these profiles to automatically install anyway outside of prestage seems to work fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

flame40
New Contributor

After some testing, I was able to get the time down from about 10 minutes to 20 seconds by removing the configuration profiles we had attached to the prestage enrollment. Also, we did not have any packages attached. Reconfiguring these profiles to automatically install anyway outside of prestage seems to work fine.

View solution in original post