Problem with PreStage Enrollments for computers

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm having an odd problem concerning DEP enrolled computers that never leave the "assigned" status in jamf Prestage Enrollment scope, in other words they never reach the "complete" status. I suspect that the PreStage Enrollment config is broken somehow. Can I delete the Prestage Enrollment config in jamf and then create a new one, without loosing the computers already assigned?

3 REPLIES 3

Look
Valued Contributor III

We have found intermittent issues with 10.14.1 and 10.14.2 devices.
We have just upgraded JAMF to the latest version in the hopes it will resolve it, but haven't got enough data yet to know if this is the case.
We also have trouble enrolling these devices using the enrollment URL.
It's intermittent with maybe 20 to 25% of devices being problematic, they usually resolve themselves if you wipe and retry but it's annoying.
It seems that the binary never installs for whatever reason.

marcusbjerknes
New Contributor II

This has been an ongoing issue for a long time, that is why I suspect the PreStage Enrollment config being the bad guy here. Also, all the assigned profiles do not get installed, but when enrolling computers using User-Initiated Enrollment all assigned profiles get installed immediately. So I'm really confused here. By the way, we're on jamf pro version 10.8.0.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

You need to readd all of em if you create a new one..
If you clone it, it wont bring over the Devices in Scope.
Im on 10.9.0 and it's still the same....