Problem with upload to JDS

cway
New Contributor

Hi,
all of the sudden package uploads to my JDS server started failing.
first error I detected was on the JDS server apache logs - related to http auth. I set new passwords on the server for both read and write user, and set the same on JSS.
After doing this, package uploads still didn't load, after investigating on the JSS side I found the following error:

[CREATE] [Package] [Tue Dec 02 16:25:36 CET 2014] ID 22 Name .................. file.pkg Priority 10 Reboot Required ....... false Fill User Template false Fill existing users ... false Uninstall allowed false ==> /usr/local/jss/logs/JAMFSoftwareServer.log <== 2014-12-02 16:25:36,683 [ERROR] [oolThread-9] [DistributionServerHelper ] - Unable to load file from database java.lang.NullPointerException at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:411) at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.distributionserver.DistributionServerHelper.loadFileFromDatabase(DistributionServerHelper.java:218) at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.distributionserver.DistributionServerHelper.read(DistributionServerHelper.java:135) at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.distributionserver.DistributionServerHelper.refresh(DistributionServerHelper.java:686) at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.distributiontechnology.DistributionTechnologyFileUploader.uploadComplete(DistributionTechnologyFileUploader.java:96) at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.distributiontechnology.GenericaFileUploader.finishedUpload(GenericaFileUploader.java:16) at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.distributiontechnology.DistributionServerUploader.fileSaved(DistributionServerUploader.java:62) at com.jamfsoftware.jss.objects.downloadablefile.SaveableFile$ThreadedSaver.run(SaveableFile.java:373) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1146) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:701)

What can I do to clear this error?

1 REPLY 1

charliwest
Contributor II

Did you ever get anywhere with this? I am now having similar issues