Problems with Office suite/Adobe InDesign CS6 and JSS 8.73 with 10.9.x

imagswadmin
New Contributor

Hello everyone,
Bit of a long one, so I'll try to be as succinct as possible.

I was wondering if anyone has come across the following:
Excel, word and powerpoint all suddenly seem to have started getting errors about 'Not being able to open the content of a file', 'cannot access files and words autorecovery is not accessible please check you have the right permissions/word cannot complete the operation because too many files are open'.
This along with InDesign starting to say that 'A serious error was detected. please restart inDesign to recover work in any unsaved indesign documents'.

This all started after I turned on Enable Certificate-Based Communication and got the MDM profile enrolled on macs.
I then had reported login speed issues and hanging on login, so I turned it off and got it removed.
A couple of days later, the problems started.
Tried various solutions on the net, along with updating to the latest version for both application suites but still have these issues.

After removing the jamf binary (sudo jamf removeFramework) the problems all go away.
As soon as you add the affected users back through a quickadd package it starts again.

Ive looked at the MCX prefs/Config profiles to see if there is something in there but cant locate it.

We're running 10.6 to 10.9.3 in the building and on JSS 8.73 (I know that 10.9 has limited support on v8) but I was wondering if anyones come across this issue? (10.6.8 macs dont seem to be affected but Im double checking this at this moment in time)

I have pictures of the errors if you require them.

Thanks in advance.
Robert

0 REPLIES 0