Profile Restrictions (Restrict App Usage)

Shuster
New Contributor

Need advice on best way to manage multiple profiles with different Apps allowed.

We have many offices and we created Building for each of them (ex. B1, B2, B3, etc). Each building has the same departments which we created under departments (ex. D1, D2, D3, D4).

Created a profile that all the ipads are under which restricts them to only run 3 apps (A, B, C). Restrictions. Option is Only Allow Some Apps. The scope is all ipads which was defined in Smart Device groups.

I want to create another profile that has Building B1 and Department D2 which restricts them to only run 4 apps (A, B, C, D).

I know I can exclude them in the main profile and then add them to another profile. I am trying to minimize the maintenance nightmare because today it is Building B1 and Department D2 and tomorrow it is 4 apps (A, B, C, E) with Building B2 and Department D3.

I guess what I am trying to figure out is if there is a way to have a main profile then add other profiles to the same device with less restrictions and have it override the main profile.

The other option I was looking at is using the Mobile Device Apps section but not sure if that would override the Only Allow Some Apps restrictions.

Thoughts on how others accomplished this without it being a maintenance nightmare.

Thanks
-Dimitry

0 REPLIES 0