Pulse secure with config file

Saljuhani
New Contributor

HI All,

let me start off by saying I am a complete nube to the Jamf community. I am piloting with policies, configs and PKG deployments.

I am now stuck at deploying our Pulse VPN config file using Jamf. I was able to successfully deploy and install the pulse client, but now I have to deploy the configuration. I have the config file from our VPN portal and have the script to install. However, I dont know where to go from here. I cant upload the Pulsepreconfig as a package becasue the format is not compatible with Jamf can some one walk me through the steps? Thank You

2 REPLIES 2

Asnyder
Contributor III

You can use composer to package the script and place it where you want. Or use a bash script to download it and run it. Or package it with composer and have a post-install script that runs the script being placed. A lot of options here.

padpk
New Contributor II

Hi,

the way i managed it is the following:

I have two policies. The first one have the Pulse Secure installer.pkg which is available in Self Service. When the policy finished it runs the following command:

jamf policy -event runPSConf

e994305834404eaba031db60605fe886

The 2nd policy has the trigger runPSConf and installs a pkg which i have build.
75e0a5043c3141c498455589fd6f77b8

This pkg placed our .jnprpreconfig file at /Users/Shared/ and runs this postinstall script:

#!/bin/sh
# Import the company VPN settings. Specify your file here
/Applications/Pulse Secure.app/Contents/Plugins/JamUI/jamCommand -importFile /Users/Shared/TWT.jnprpreconfig  
sleep 5

rm -Rf /Users/Shared/TWT.jnprpreconfig