Push notifications

SilverFox
New Contributor

Hi,

I am relatively new to the JAMF world and I have a question about the push notifications. (We are running JAMF Pro) We updated a profile that affected about 300+ MacBooks and we understood that it would take a while to propagate to all the affected devices, but JAMF appeared to have locked up. We couldn't get into Self Service at all. The admin in charge of JAMF says he has to take a backup and then restore from last night's backup. My questions are:
1. Can push notifications to 300 devices (or any amount) lockup the JSS so bad that it has to be restored?
2. Is there a maximum number of push notifications that are recommended at one time?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

nvandam
Contributor II

I had a similar thing happen recently. I created a Font Configuration Profile and scoped it to about 150 Macs. I could not get into the Jamf Pro web console or Self Service for about 10 minutes. Then it just started working. Not sure if it's related to the issue you had, but I just wanted to share my experience and see what others have to say as well.

SilverFox
New Contributor

I read some time ago that APN had sent a few billion notifications since it was established, so I don't understand why 300 would lock it up.