Pushing out Office 14.4.9 updates using Casper

bbot
Contributor

I'm looking to create a policy to update old version's of Casper to 14.4.9. I've downloaded the .dmg from Microsoft's site and set a policy to push the update to anyone that does not have 14.4.9.

Logs say the installation fails, but it appears that it is literally copying the DMG onto the root of their hard drive, and not installing the .dmg. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@brandobot

No problem! Just mark this discussion as "Solved"!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Aziz
Valued Contributor

Did you drag the .pkg inside the .dmg into Casper admin? And as a bonus, select 'Install on boot drive after imaging'? Dragging the .dmg alone will not work.

This is what works for me.

bbot
Contributor

Dumb question, but how do I view the contents of the dmg? I don't see a show package contents when I right click the dmg, and double clicking goes straight to the installer screen.

--edit, I selected Open using flat package editor. There's about 30 packages in there, which one do I need?

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@brandobot

Just double click on the .dmg, you don't need a package editor since OS X will open it just fine.

.dmg by itself:

28f015e02c414af481ebd1f76b5232fe

Double clicking on the .dmg

639433debe2647f7a52db764b9667d88

Drag that nice Office Folder pkg into Casper Admin

bbot
Contributor

Thanks. I feel so stupid. I already removed the package from the dmg... lol. That's why it was trying to install when I was double clicking.

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@brandobot

No problem! Just mark this discussion as "Solved"!