Quick add install fails

Bongardino
New Contributor III

Hello -

Short story: Endpoint 10.12.2
JSS 9.93

Install log :

Jan  6 13:57:54 MBP13 installd[326]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Jan  6 13:57:54 MBP13 installd[326]: PackageKit: Session UUID file exists - will not overwrite /var/folders/zz/zyxvpxvq6csfxvn_n0000000000000/C/PKInstallSandboxManager/FF15EA5B-2DC8-45A9-9589-1CEC8407B759.activeSandbox
Jan  6 13:58:04 MBP13 installd[326]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “QuickAdd.pkg”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/badmin/Desktop/QuickAdd.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=com.jamfsoftware.osxenrollment, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “QuickAdd.pkg”.} {
        NSFilePath = postinstall;
        NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package U201cQuickAdd.pkgU201d.";
        NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/badmin/Desktop/QuickAdd.pkg";
        PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "com.jamfsoftware.osxenrollment";
    }
Jan  6 13:58:05 MBP13 Installer[730]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Jan  6 13:58:05 MBP13 Installer[730]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Jan  6 13:58:05 MBP13 Installer[730]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

No logs in the JSS

Longer story : User initially enrolled without an issue. Had to reimage his computer. Re-enrolled, again without issue.
Removed framework via jamf removeFramework , rebooted, and have gotten this error on every subsequent re-enroll attempt.

Was something left behind that I'm not catching?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bongardino
New Contributor III

Fixed via

sudo jamf flushCaches

and then

sudo enroll -prompt

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

RobertBasil
Contributor

The main culprit for me on Quick Add install fails is when more than one user is logged into the machine.

Bongardino
New Contributor III

No dice! this was immediately post reboot, only one user

barnesaw
Contributor III
JSS 9.93

Part of me suspects this may be your issue

Bongardino
New Contributor III

I was wondering if that + sierra was an issue, BUT it worked twice before without issue

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

Is this a fresh quickadd.pkg from the enrollment portal each time you attempt, or the same one downloaded the first time?

Bongardino
New Contributor III

Fixed via

sudo jamf flushCaches

and then

sudo enroll -prompt

chris_miller
Contributor

sudo enroll -prompt didn't work for me. Had to run sudo jamf enroll -prompt. Also, this seems to be happening to every machine I ordered in the last two weeks. Is there something new with Sierra?

And thanks for posting the fix!

chris_miller
Contributor

I think my situation is a scep issue.

Last login: Fri Jan 27 15:08:55 on console
Erics-MacBook-Pro:~ is$ sudo jamf mdm
Password:
Getting management framework from the JSS...
Enabling MDM...
Error installing the computer level mdm profile: profiles install for file:'/Library/Application Support/JAMF/tmp/mdm.mobileconfig' and user:'root' returned -915 (Unable to contact the SCEP server at “https://myserver:8443/CA/SCEP”.)
Downloading required CA Certificate(s)...
Problem installing MDM profile.
Problem detecting MDM profile after installation.

I edited the server address for this post.

evaldes
New Contributor III

edit.. noticed that the syntax was shared...