QuickAdd as a zip file, JSS 9.01

perrycj
Contributor III

I have a test JSS running on a Windows 2008 R2 VM and it's version 9.01. Whenever I add a locally made QuickAdd package to Casper Admin 9.01, it makes it a .zip file. So basically it says, QuickAdd.pkg.zip and it thinks it is in fact a zip file.

If I go into info and remove the .zip part and essentially then making it a .pkg file like it should be, it then doesn't work and errors out if you try to run it.

Has anyone else experienced this with JSS 9.01? If so, have you been able to find a fix?

4 REPLIES 4

mjames
Contributor

This is the way it is supposed to behave - it sees the quick add file as a non-flat packages, so it zips it automatically. It did the same with mine, but it works fine.

dcain
New Contributor

I am having a similar issue with CS6. Using AAMEE we create a package. The package is then tested and works fine when run as a local install. Upload it to the JSS it gets a .zip file extension. Push it to a computer using Casper Remote. Remote says it is successful but we check the logs because CS6 is not on the target machine (also it finishes WAY to quick). The log states "Installation failed. The zip file contained no package." Look at the .zip on the server and it is 5.27 GB. No solution yet and no, removing the .zip extension does not help.

Matt
Valued Contributor

I had issues with the Zips as well, now I just repackage everything with Composer.

mjames
Contributor

It is because AMEE and the Creative Cloud packager software (the name escapes me right now) don't create flat packages. This means that Casper 9 wants to zip them when you put them into admin. It is what is is supposed to do.

The problem I encountered is when you roll them out as a direct install etc, the zipped packaged unzips on the Casper share - which then prevents them from working (Casper reports it can't locate the package). To solve this I have set the "Install On Boot Drive After Imaging " option, and when rolling out via policy, I Cache the package first, then install it. Works like a charm.